we exist to....
- Plant new growing missional DOC churches in urban centers around the U.S. and Canada.
- To help our denomination transform from “America’s best-kept secret” to a recognized progressive leader of modern Christianity.
- To evaluate the six vital elements in your new church plant’s strategy:
- The Community — Utilizing neighborhood demographics and determining relevance (where’s the best place to plant your region’s new DOC church?)
- Making New Disciples — Helping the “nones”/unaffiliated find a spiritual home within the DOC
- Staffing/Infrastructure — Creating structure large enough to build a successful community of faith but small enough to be nimble
- Mobilizing Missional Movement — Catalyzing a missional movement within your DOC region
- Locational Strategy — Ministering to the selected community
- Creating Congregationally Independent Revenue Streams — Identifying potential partnerships for financial sustainability
- To help reimagine and reinterpret the rich traditions of the DOC in new and energizing ways.
- To identify/recruit new and innovative pastors to the DOC, in an effort to create a pipeline of new life in our regions — in conjunction with Search and Call.
There Is Hope for a Third Awakening